Marc's Blog

Things from me about me …

SRV record for mcs.tel

| 0 comments

Yesterday, I added MX records to my .tel domain. Works fine so far, so I thought about pimping my SIP URI and I added an SRV record to my .tel domain. My SIP URI is now sip:voip@mcs.tel, this is the required record:

dig _sip._udp.mcs.tel in srv

; <<>> DiG 9.3.4-P1.1 <<>> _sip._udp.mcs.tel in srv
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 43321
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;_sip._udp.mcs.tel.             IN      SRV

;; ANSWER SECTION:
_sip._udp.mcs.tel.      86400   IN      SRV     5 25 5060 mephisto.prmg.lu.

;; Query time: 328 msec
;; SERVER: 208.67.222.222#53(208.67.222.222)
;; WHEN: Fri May 29 12:08:06 2009
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 71

and it works just fine! Try yourself, call me!

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this:

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.

Close